Agricultural University Education for 60 people from rural communities in poverty in CaaguazúParaguay
The main cause of the backwardness and under-utilization of the small agricultural holdings of Caaguazú, is caused by the lack of knowledge of modern techniques of production, processing and chain management for agricultural products.
Therefore, it is necessary to educate and train young people, in such a way that with modern technology, a humanitarian and solidarity sense,
be “ferments” of change in your own communities
Municipality of Caaguazú
COMMISSION FOR AID TO RURAL STUDENTS OF LOW RESOURCES (CAERER)
General Objective: To guarantee through scholarships the access to the career “Administration of agricultural companies” to 60 people without economic resources from rural communities.
1. Commit the beneficiary or responsible families of the scholarship holders to assume other costs derived from the degree
2. Progressively reorganize the family farms of the scholarship holders based on the knowledge acquired in the degree program so that they serve as a model-school for their neighbors.
3. Create at the initiative of small or medium fellows of community agricultural production cooperatives with the help of a revolving credit fund.
(60 young people and 60 families).
TAU, Ay. Pamplona and Oñati
- Selection of scholarship recipients
- Signing of the “learning-service” scholarship award contract and annual payment of the scholarships
- Insure annually the costs of accommodation, transportation, food, clothing and school supplies.
- Reorganization and progressive improvement of farms from the training received in the race with preparation of annual report of results obtained
- Free agricultural technical advice from scholarship holders to residents of their communities who so request.
Launch of the cooperative and the revolving fund
- After an intense selection process due to the high demand, the 60 people who will be the beneficiaries of the scholarships have been selected.
- The rules have been established and the operating regulations of the “service-learning” scholarships to which young students are committed have been transmitted.
- The tuition corresponding to the first academic year of the scholarship recipients has been paid.
- The scholarship holders have started the first course of the career “Administration of agricultural companies”