Empowered women of San Pablo Tacachico, exercise their organizational, economic, advocacy and participation rights, strengthening their food sovereignty with an agroecological approachEl Salvador
The women to whom the actions of the project are directed belong to 13 Community Development Associations of San Pablo Tacachico, which are in a condition of poverty and are interested in being part of the process of economic, social and political development, both at the communal and municipal. Thus, the problems identified on which it is intended to act from this project respond to the analysis of needs and problems, carried out by the Community Development Associations, with the support of CORDES. Regarding the strategy to combat poverty, we can mention that according to the poverty map of El Salvador, the municipality of San Pablo Tacachico is classified as moderate poverty, which means that this municipality not only has a lack of income, but also inability of families to meet their basic needs.
Municipality of San Pablo Tacachico
CORDES (Association Foundation for Cooperation and Community Development of El Salvador)
General objective: Promote an alternative model of life and sustainable local development, with a gender perspective, that guarantees access to human rights for women in San Pablo Tacachico, El Salvador.
Specific goal:Promote the exercise of social, political (organization, participation, incidence) and economic rights of the women of San Pablo Tacachico, through the implementation of agricultural production systems with an agroecological approach and the design and implementation of an equitable local public policy and sustainable, which takes into account the context of COVID and includes the participation of women from its organizational strengthening.
(400 women and 200 men).
TAU, Basque Government (€ 532,330.59)
- Development of a Diploma in women’s leadership with 25 women.
- Execution of 8 training days with 200 men in new masculinities.
- Formation and operation of 13 communal women’s committees, with the participation of 400 women.
- Active participation in 78 advocacy activities (26 international days of women; 26 international days of non-violence against women; 26 days of rural women).
- Active participation in 2 accountability activities (open councils), municipal (1 per year).
- Establishment of 200 sustainable agricultural production systems in harmony with the environment; 12 pig production farms with agroecological management, 10 poultry farms with agroecological management, 178 production units of organic vegetables and basic grains.