Mobile Hospital - Health on wheels in CochabambaBolivia
In Cochabamba there is a population for which there is no hope of enjoying a dignified life, such as children with disabilities or street dwellers; In addition, there is great concern about the significant increase in migration from the countryside to the city, the formation of gangs and the disintegration of the Family Unit, making it urgent and a priority to unify efforts with other institutions specialized in these issues, integrating experiences, resources, etc. ., so that with the support of the new laws and resources available to the Bolivian state, it will be a bridge that allows the most excluded of the excluded to appropriate all the internal and external resources that belong to them, but due to their situation of exclusion, the mechanisms are unknown to reach them.
San Lucas-FSL Foundation
General Objective: To improve the quality of life of communities excluded from the Department of Cochabamba through the active participation of its inhabitants in reinforcing the factors that improve and modifying those that deteriorate.
Specific Objective: * Health promotion with “Socialization of knowledge”, motivating the role of individuals and families as agents of change. * Basic health care according to its culture and traditional medicine. * Provision of child health services. * Improve living conditions in children with disabilities, increase social inclusion and create support networks
(women, men and children).
TAU, Fundación Hermanos Iraizoz (30.000€)
- Medical and dental care and Coordination with Local Health Authorities
Signing of inter-institutional agreements.
- Generate support networks between different women’s groups (training workshops, annual meeting).
- Reduce child morbidity and mortality and incidence of children and adolescents in street situations (training workshops, meetings, accompaniment).
- Have a competent team of educators chosen in each community, UAINA center educators (coordination, workshops, medical evaluation).
- Qualification of boys and girls promoters of the defense of life (consolidation of groups, workshops, annual meeting, recovery of traditional medicine, environmental care campaigns).
- School health program (training workshops, medical and dental control, annual school dental hygiene campaign, workshop on oral health for schoolchildren, deworming campaigns, recovery of traditional medicine, health week and / or educational fair).
- Training in citizen participation (workshops, agreements).