Participation of women in economic development to improve Food Security / Sovereignty in communities in the municipality of OcuríBolivia
JustificationIn the intervention communities, the exclusion of rural women in rural areas is observed, in the sphere of political, economic and social participation, which is considered the most significant, since they show the enormous gaps between men and women, where men they are the most privileged occupying representative positions and with decision-making power, despite the advances in national regulations. The participation of indigenous women continues to be limited mainly by cultural biases, by their uses and customs that are difficult barriers to work, and this causes passive participation of women and where men are almost exclusive in family, communal decision-making and municipal. Another aspect is the little or no representation of women in decision-making spaces, whether political, economic or other, where they do not have greater opportunities to access these spaces, despite the fact that legal provisions, with a significant percentage, favor being part of these spaces. As well as the increase in cases of femicide and family or domestic violence in Bolivia from January to March 2018, there have been 28 cases of women who have been victims of femicide and 4,674 cases of family violence.
LocationOcurí Municipality, Potosí / Chayanta Province, Bolivia.
Local PartnerIPTK (Tomás Katari Polytechnic Institute)
GoalsGeneral objective: Contribute to the reduction of the situation of poverty and exclusion of the rural population in the municipality of Ocuri, within the framework of the exercise of their citizen rights, respecting cultural specificities and the environment. Specific objective: Promote the empowerment and participation of women in the exercise of their Rights to food, Right to a life free of violence, promoting local economic development, risk management in the face of climate change in a sustainable and equitable manner.
160 familias directas (158 mujeres y 130 hombres) y 993 familias de manera indirecta (2.007 mujeres y 1.933 hombres).
TAU, Ay. Donosti (49.998,00 €)
- Approach to activities at the community level and on your family farm in sustainable agricultural, horticultural and fruit production.
- Development of training workshops for producers in agricultural production; horticultural and fruit growing in a sustainable way, risk management and mitigation and adaptation measures to the effects of climate change.
- Sustainable agricultural production of crops, vegetables and fruit trees.
- Implementation and construction of solar tents for the production of vegetables.
- Risk management and mitigation and adaptation practices to the effects of climate change.
- Construction of water reservoirs for access to water for irrigation.
- Development of workshops for families in maintenance of reservoirs.
- Exchange of experiences with active participation of women between agricultural producers.
- Establishment of family nurseries for the production of forest and fruit seedlings.
- Strengthening of women’s organizations and technical advice.
- Development of training workshops for women’s organizations in organizational management, artisan production techniques in fabrics and embroidery and production costs, entrepreneurship and commercial management.
- Artisanal production in fabrics, embroidery and clothing.
- Participation and organization of craft fairs.
- Development of training workshops for women on the Right to Food; Right to a life free of violence.
- Follow up on trained women and support the referral of cases of violence.
- Carry out actions to influence women on their Rights in radio media.