Promotion of a Women's Cooperative for the production of olive oil in Ras LaksarMarruecos
The main problems that this project wants to solve are:
- Lack of basic training and literacy for women in the Ras Laksar community, whose illiteracy rate is very high and reaches 80.8%. Addressing the problem of education is a necessary prerequisite to try to empower women in the area and provide them with basic cultural resources that make them subsequently autonomous and conscious agents for the socio-economic development of their families and their community.
- The absence of productive economic companies in Ras El Ksar that aim to improve the position and power of women through cooperation, self-employment and increased sustainable family income.
Rural community of Ras Laksar, located 120 km south east of the city of Taza
General Objective: Increase the basic education, cultural capacity and economic autonomy of Ras Laksar women
TAU, Caritas-Rabat, Femmes Action, Ras Laksar Municipality, Moroccan Ministry of Agriculture and Provincial Council Gipuzkoa (€ 93,056)
- Basic literacy courses.
- Evaluation and support of women beneficiaries of literacy.
- Training courses for the creation of a cooperative producing olive oil.
- Creation of the women’s cooperative
- Meetings Joint Committee on Cooperative Management
- Assignment of land for the construction of the olive oil extraction and production center
- Execution of the architectural project for the construction of the olive oil extraction and production center.
- Building construction
- Monitoring of work and visits to olive oil production facilities
- Making the necessary water and electricity connections for the building
- Equipment of the olive oil extraction and production center.
- Training for the beneficiaries in the handling and use of the new machinery.
- Crushing olives: start of work in the cooperative.