Strengthening food security and sovereignty of peasant families, with a community focus, gender equity and the environment in rural communities of the municipality of Ckochas, to overcome poverty, exclusion and the effects of the COVID19 pandemicBolivia
In the intervention process in the 10 communities, a series of problems have been identified (low productivity of crops, horticulture; invisible work of women in the productive sphere; weakened and eroded productive bases; there is no support from public authorities; insufficient resources economic; inadequate nutritional habits and hygienic practices; weakness of women leaders; presence of the pandemic) against which families have demanded the approach of the proposal that allows improving the agroecological production of crops, vegetables, implementation of a new fish farming initiative led by women, the availability of water for technical irrigation and the harvesting of water at the family level, which allows optimizing its use to the maximum and guaranteeing a significant yield destined to the improvement of their food diet and the surpluses for sale for the generation additional income and managed by women.
Municipality of Ckochas
IPTK (Tomás Katari Polytechnic Institute)
General objective: Contribute to the reduction of the situation of poverty and social exclusion of the peasant population of the municipality of Ckochas, through agro-ecological production, food security and the full exercise of women’s rights, for a Resilient Sustainable Development.
Specific goal: Guarantee the food security of the peasant families of the municipality of Ckochas through a community approach, equity and gender equality, rights, environmental sustainability and social resilience in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
(170 mujeres y 165 hombres).
TAU, Ay. Donosti (50.000€)
- Agroecological vegetable production driven by women.
- Accompaniment to the agroecological production of agricultural crops.
- Strengthening practices in resilience, mitigation and adaptation to the effects of climate change and care for the environment.
- Installation of drip, sprinkler or flood irrigation system to vegetable production plots.
- Construction of a model fish pond adapted to the topographic conditions of the area.
- Training workshops for peasant producers in fish farming and infrastructure maintenance (fish farming water well).