In the city of Cochabamba there are boys and girls, with their families who dedicate themselves to recycling. The project seeks the family empowerment of these people with limited economic resources and at risk of psychosocial exclusion, who live in the city center dedicated to collecting paper, cardboard and metal cans. It is intended to help these families in their systemic structure and their relationship with the community, so that they achieve affective changes in their habitual way of relating to each other, to communicate authentically and to effectively manage the typical problems of the family and, above all, to promote the change of attitudes towards themselves as individuals and families.
From the social point of view, it seeks to preserve the Tawis in nutrition as a universal right and their integral development as minors, who will be cared for through subsidized food for good growth and physical and mental development.
Franciscan Province of San Antonio
General Objective: To promote in Cochabamba society an active and comprehensive awareness of solidarity with others and protection of the environment within the focus of integral ecology through waste collection.
Specific Objective: Promote development, with social and intergenerational equity, of families of socially disadvantaged recyclers who live in the center of the city of Cochabamba and strengthen local capacities within a comprehensive ecology approach
FOUNDATION “IRAIZOZ-ASTIZ HERMANOS” and Franciscan Fraternities
- Psychopedagogical diagnosis of the children who are beneficiaries of the project.
- Design of personalized plans for psychopedagogical strengthening.
- Individual psychopedagogical consultancies.
- Nutritional medical diagnosis of children (based on the height / weight method).
- Design of a nutritional plan appropriate to the needs of the beneficiary population of the project.
- Nutritional medical monitoring of the children who are beneficiaries of the project.
- Interconsultations and medical referrals according to the particular requirements of the beneficiary children.
- Breakfast and lunch for the children benefiting from the project.
- School support based on what was detected in the psycho-pedagogical diagnosis.
- Learning and development of social skills.
- Teaching aligned with official curriculum.
- Formative workshops in human-Christian values.
- Strengthening and promoting creative reading and writing.
- Educational actions linked to art and sport.
FAMILIES AND ADULTS
- Workshops for the prevention of gender and intra-family violence.
- Assertive and proactive communication workshops.
- Christian human formation workshops.
- Communicative awareness campaign in favor of the family within the social environment in which the project is developed.
- Parents schools (exclusively for the 30 families directly benefiting from the project).
- Linking with self-help groups (alcoholics anonymous, narcotics anonymous, women victims of violence, etc.), according to the needs of the family strengthening process, 30 direct beneficiary families.
- Focal therapeutic groups according to detected family problems.
- Individual psychological counseling in required cases, through referral to the psychologist of the Franciscan Social Center.
- Family coexistence.