Participatory Local Development with a gender focus in 10 rural communities of San Pablo Tacachico and AguilaresEl Salvador
The poverty map in El Salvador classifies the Municipality of San Pablo Tacachico as moderate poverty and Aguilares with low poverty; which means that in both municipalities there are families with a lack of income and the inability to satisfy their basic needs such as education, health, drinking water, sanitation and decent housing, among others, which does not allow families to leave their discharge status. vulnerability, marginality and social exclusion in which they live. Making participatory diagnoses in the communities, we find ourselves with problems and needs that mostly affect women and youth, among them the following should be mentioned:
- Weakness in the processes of organization and youth citizen participation, which is associated with the poor training that youth have, the low knowledge of their rights, inactivity of youth committees, low number of leaders, low implementation of policies and strategies of local development where they involve youth with gender equality as well as the low political incidence of youth, low opportunities to develop creativity, limited participation in social, sports and cultural activities, among others.
- Few spaces for inter-institutional coordination with local governments and citizens, which is due to the fact that local governments and institutions do not value the importance of the development of coordinated initiatives.
- Public management with a low gender focus in development, which may be due to the fact that officials, councilors have low training and experience of local development with a gender focus, low experience in the installation of units with specialized personnel who contribute to the execution of actions with a gender focus.
- Minimal possibilities for youth to implement economic initiatives, due to the difficulty in having economic, financial, technical and material resources, in addition to low implementation of economic policies and programs aimed at youth
Municipalities of Aguilares and San Pablo Tacachico (Departments of San Salvador and La Libertad)
General Objective: Strengthen capacities for participatory local development with a gender focus in the Municipalities of San Pablo Tacachico and Aguilares
(women and men).
TAU and Bizkaia Provincial Council
- Socialization of the project through meetings with the Community Assemblies and Municipal Councils.
- Monthly meetings with boards of directors of Community Associations.
- Preparation of 10 communal operating plans, per year.
- Review and update of documents and legal books of the 10 Associations.
- Development of two ordinary Assemblies per year per Association; these in order to account to the population.
- Train 100 people in gender issues and citizen participation.
- Participation of the 10 communal directive boards in open councils and coordination spaces, generated by the Local Governments.
- Review and / or formulation of two municipal Gender Equity policies.
- Review and reformulation of strategic plans of the two municipalities.
- Socialization of strategic plans of the two Municipalities.
- Socialization of the gender equity policies of the two municipalities.
- Development of six forums of citizen interest.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Monthly meetings with 10 youth committees, to discuss the progress of project implementation.
- Preparation of 10 communal operational plans, per year for each communal youth committee.
- Train 100 young people in gender, citizen participation and human rights, by specialized trainers.
- Participation of the 10 youth committees in open councils and coordination spaces, generated by the Local Governments.
- Development of six forums of citizen interest in issues related to youth.
- Formulation of two municipal policies for Youth with Gender Equity.
- Development of an awareness program on the importance of youth in the local development of the Municipalities.
- Selection and identification of beneficiaries, with the Boards of Directors and youth committees.
- Training for 60 young people (30 women, 30 men), in production of cattle, pigs, poultry and organic agriculture.
- Purchase of materials and equipment for production units.
- Implementation of 60 production units.