Equipment for the Court and Clothing workshop for the "Fraternite" women's Association in the El Óceano neighborhood of RabatMarruecos
The Fraternite Association, of action for the promotion of Women and Children, was founded in March 2011, being women victims of marital violence the priority population, along with their children, of the Association. From their beginnings they try to contribute to the improvement of the living conditions of these women and to their awareness and accompaniment in learning processes and personal and socio-economic development. The Association is present in two popular neighborhoods in Rabat: L’Océan and Aakkari.
The Ocean of Rabat neighborhood
General Objective: To equip the Cut and sew workshop of the Women’s Association “Fraternite” in the L´Ocean neighborhood of Rabat
Specific Objective: To equip the Cut and sew workshop of the Women’s Association “Fraternite” in the L´Ocean neighborhood of Rabat
- Purchase of sewing machines, tables, chairs, etc.
- Purchase of 16 sewing machines and 15 chairs for equipment of the training workshop in cutting and sewing
- Launch of a training program for 30 women from the popular l’Océan neighborhood in Rabat
- Learning to cut and sew that allows them to contribute financially to the family budget.
- Development of activities that generate economic income in the family
- Literacy courses for 120 women and youth, in collaboration with Education and its program against illiteracy.
- Awareness-raising, counseling and support for the women of the Association (women victims of conjugal violence), through listening, family and legal mediation, sessions on women’s rights and a program to combat violence and discrimination against women , the family code, participation in the project “Rabat, a safe city free of violence against women and young women” organized by UN Women.
- Launch of a nursery so that mothers can participate in literacy courses, while their children are in school.