Professional training of six young women from the rural area of El Paísnal, San Pablo Tacachico and AguilaresEl Salvador
At the national level and in the municipality of Aguilares in particular, there is high migration, mainly of youth who emigrate to the United States, this due to the shortage of attractive jobs, the lack of opportunities for the development of small productive activities and the crime of municipality (associated with groups of organized criminals, called maras).
According to the poverty map of El Salvador, the Municipality of Aguilares qualifies it as low poverty, since families not only lack income, but also the family’s inability to meet their basic needs, including education, health, water drinking, sanitation, decent housing, among others, that allows the family and their community to get out of their condition of high vulnerability, and of marginality and social exclusion in which they live.
CORDES is a reference organization in the area for the improvement of capacities, participation and strengthening of local organizations (ADESCOS, Organizations of women and youth) in close collaboration with the Mayor’s Offices. Following this line of work, it is considered a strategic investment, for the development of the three municipalities, the granting of 6 professional training scholarships for six women, in a 3-year university degree.
Universities in San Salvador
CORDES (Association Foundation for Community Cooperation and Development of El Salvador)
General Objective: Promote processes of technical and higher training in the youth of 3 Municipalities (San Pablo Tacachico, Aguilares and EL Paísnal) so that they have access to human and professional development that prevents them from having to migrate.
Specific Objective: Contribute to the technical and professional training of six young women from the three municipalities indicated.
6 young women
- Registration and payment of university in the university of each young person who, with the support of CORDES, seek and will register in the University.
- Monitoring meetings. The young women will meet every two months with the person in charge of the project at CORDES, to identify and support issues that may have more problems.
- Delivery of grades. Every five months or when the cycle ends at the University, each young person must submit a copy of their grade to monitor academic results.
- Meeting with youth committees. CORDES will facilitate a meeting with the Youth Committees so that the scholarship recipients join the different activities of their Committee.
Participatory planning of youth committees. Every start of the year there will be a planning that defines the different activities and those responsible for each one of them; In these the young scholarships will participate directly.
- Development of the plan over time with the execution of the different activities.