Strengthen organizational, productive and advocacy capacities of 259 women from the Aguilar, El Paisnal and S. Pablo Tacachico municipalities.Bolivia
In El Salvador, social exclusion represents a challenge to be overcome by the Local Governments, the central government and the different sectors of the social, economic, cultural and environmental spheres. This exclusion varies by department and municipality, which is why in the Aguilares, El Paisnal and San Pablo Tacachico municipalities, CORDES, together with the Local Governments, and other institutions, have designed in a participatory way the strategic plans, youth policies, policies of gender, in which problems related to: a) low gender equity training in men and women were identified through participatory diagnoses; b) low economic resources and gender inequality dedicated to promoting the right of socio-economic participation; c) Civil society with low recognition of women’s socio-economic participation rights; d) Low application of municipal gender policies; d) Social, economic and political discrimination against women; e) Low promotion of the right to socio-economic participation, mainly of organized women; f) Lack of strategies and mechanisms to promote income generation for women; g) Inadequate services to support production and economic initiatives that generate income for women; h) Women lack adequate training for the implementation of initiatives; i) Women with difficulties in accessing credit; j) Low valuation of the productive and reproductive work of women.
Municipalities of Aguilares, El Paisnal and San Pablo Tacachico
CORDES (Association Foundation for Community Cooperation and Development of El Salvador)
General Objective: Contribute to the socioeconomic development of women in the municipalities of Aguilares, El Paisnal and San Pablo Tacachico (El Salvador), enhancing organizational, advocacy and productive capacities, through the efficient use of available resources in the communities.
Specific Objective: 259 women from the municipalities of Aguilares, El Paisnal and San Pablo Tacachico, improve their capacities to generate economic resources and strengthen their right to participation.
(259 women and 25 men).
TAU, Ay. Bilbao (41.134€), Kutxa (5.000€)
- Development of 12 exchange activities, and the screening of 8 documentaries.
- Participation of the three women’s associations in municipal councils, international women’s day, international day of non-violence.
- Participation of the three women’s associations in 6 cultural activities.
- Basic equipment of the offices of the three women’s associations.
- Training (75 women, 25 men) in citizen participation, Gender, Human Rights, Masculinity, food sovereignty …
- Development and participation in open councils, marketing fairs, literary coffee, among others.
- Formation of a marketing committee.
- Establishment of 23 economic units (20 poultry farms, 3 marketing stores), among others.