Strengthening organizational, participatory and economic capacities with gender equality of 300 people who are part of 8 Community Development Associations (ADESCOS) of the municipalities Aguilares, El Paisnal and San Pablo TacachicoEl Salvador
JustificationThe high vulnerability in the municipalities of Aguilares, El Paísnal and San Pablo Tacachico, makes the population in general and especially women, are under a variety of problems, many of them serious, such as loss of identity, low self-esteem, migration inside or outside the country, joining gangs and committing criminal acts, problems of alcoholism or drug addiction, maternity or early paternity, infectious diseases … Therefore the importance of strengthening the capacities of the population and, especially, of women , to demand and attend to fundamental human rights and especially economic and social rights, attending to the immediate and strategic needs and interests of the population selected for this project.
LocationMunicipalities Aguilares, El Paisnal and San Pablo Tacachico, El Salvador
Local PartnerCORDES (Association Foundation for Community Cooperation and Development of El Salvador)
GoalsGeneral objective: Contribute to the sustainable socioeconomic development of the population of the municipalities of Aguilares, El Paisnal and San Pablo Tacachico. Specific objective: Strengthened the organizational, participatory and economic capacities of 300 people (150 women and 150 men), who are part of 8 Community Development Associations (ADESCOS) in the municipalities of Aguilares, El Paisnal and San Pablo Tacachico, with equitable inclusion and with an efficient use of the resources available in the municipalities, so that they are agents of their own development.
300 people (150 women and 150 men) as direct beneficiaries and 500 people as indirect beneficiaries.
TAU, Government of Cantabria (€ 98,525.22), Kutxa (€ 16,000.00)
- Prepare annual plans of the 8 Community Development Associations (ADESCOS).
- Carry out workshops to review the structure and operation of the 8 Community Development Associations (ADESCOS).
- Accompany the development of 16 General Assemblies of the 8 Community Development Associations (ADESCOS).
- Hold monthly reinforcement meetings with the 8 Community Development Associations (ADESCOS).
- Design and present 8 documents of demands of Community Development Associations (one per association), to the corresponding Local Governments.
- Develop 16 participation and debate activities (Forums).
- Participate in 18 advocacy activities. 6 per municipality.
- Conduct 38 training days.
- Conduct 3 experience exchange tours.
- Construction of 22 family pig production systems and 22 biodigesters.
- Purchase of pigs and supplies.
- Implementation of prophylactic plans.
- Agricultural and veterinary technical support.
- Updating and implementation of two municipal strategic plans (Aguilares and San Pablo Tacachico), with gender equity.
- Design and implementation of the municipal agricultural policy with gender equity in the Municipality of El Paísnal.
- Training of 18 officials (9 women, 9 men), from the Mayors of Aguilares, El Paísnal and San Pablo Tacachico. On issues such as citizen participation, gender, human rights.