Strengthening food sovereignty of indigenous peasant families with a gender focus in the Municipality of CkocBolivia
This proposal arises from the completion of a previous project in the same geographical area, executed jointly between IPTK and Ayuda en Acción with funding from the Junta de Andalucía (AACID-Andalusian Agency for International Development Cooperation) during 2016 -2018 “Improving food security by strengthening productive and organizational capacities with gender equality, in Puna and Ckochas”, where significant achievements have been obtained but which requires further strengthening of actions, being a felt demand from families to be able to achieve the effects and impacts of poverty reduction, and the exercise of the right to food of indigenous peasant families.
Potosí Department, Bolivia
IPTK (Tomás Katari Polytechnic Institute)
ObjectivesGeneral Objective: Contribute to the reduction of the situation of poverty and social exclusion of the indigenous peasant population of the municipality of Ckochas, through the exercise of their Rights and the promotion of Sustainable Human Development. Specific Objective: Contribute to the improvement of nutritional food security with a focus on sovereignty, gender equality, rights and environmental sustainability of indigenous-peasant families in the municipality of Ckochas.
(777 women and 753 men).
TAU, Government of Navarra (€ 90,000)
- A.1.1. Communal planning meetings with the participation of men, women and authorities.
- A.1.2. Training workshops on agro-ecological crop production, risk management, mitigation measures and adaptation to the effects of climate change.
- A.1.3. Agroecological production of crops, vegetables, with the application of sustainable production techniques.
- A.1.4. Management practices, conservation of natural assets and adaptation to the effects of climate change.
- A.1.5. Construction of reservoirs, for water harvesting and sessions for its maintenance.
- A.1.6. Exchange of experiences.