Mobile-Health Hospital on Wheels in CochabambaBolivia
JustificationIn Cochabamba there is a population for which there is no hope of enjoying a dignified life, such as children with disabilities or street dwellers; In addition, there is great concern about the significant increase in migration from the countryside to the city, the formation of gangs and the disintegration of the Family Unit, making it urgent and a priority to unify efforts with other specialized institutions on these issues, integrating experiences, resources, etc. ., so that with the support of the new laws and resources available to the Bolivian state, it will be a bridge that allows the most excluded of the excluded to appropriate all the internal and external resources that belong to them, but due to their situation of exclusion, the mechanisms are unknown to reach them.
LocationCochabamba Department, Bolivia
Local PartnerSan Lucas Foundation-SLF
GoalsGeneral objective: Improve the quality of life of the excluded communities of the Department of Cochabamba through the active participation of its inhabitants in reinforcing factors that improve and modifying those that deteriorate. Specific objective: * Health promotion with “Socialization of knowledge”, motivating the role of individuals and families as agents of change who exercise their Rights and Duties in the protection of their health. * Basic health care with qualified personnel and revaluing traditional medicine. * Provide child health services. * Improve living conditions of children with disabilities in the department. * Increase social and family inclusion of children with disabilities and the creation of support networks.
5.245 personas como beneficiarios/as directas y 4.275 personas como indirectas.
(enero 2018 a diciembre 2018)
TAU, Hermanos Iraizoz
Fundation (€ 30,000.00)
- Medical and dental care and Coordination with Local Health Authorities Signing of inter-institutional agreements.
- Generate support networks between different women’s groups (training workshops, annual meeting).
- Reduce child morbidity and mortality and the incidence of street children and adolescents (training workshops, meetings, accompaniment).
- Have a competent team of educators chosen in each community, educators UAINA centers (coordination, workshops, medical evaluation).
- Qualification of boys and girls promoters of the defense of life (consolidation of groups, workshops, annual meeting, recovery of traditional medicine, environmental care campaigns).
- School health program (training workshops, medical and dental control, annual school dental hygiene campaign, workshop on oral health for schoolchildren, deworming campaigns, recovery of traditional medicine, health week and / or educational fair).