Nutritional Food Security and health promotion in 10 poor communities of the Colquechaca MunicipalityBolivia
Bolivia is a country where poverty and social inequalities continue to be one of the most critical problems, there is an apparent economic growth in recent years as a result of the increase in prices of the mining and hydrocarbon sectors, which is not reflected in the decrease in poverty neither in a better or greater distribution of income. Poverty is most critical in rural areas where around 3 million people live, most in conditions of extreme poverty and marginality. This situation is accentuated in the project intervention area, located in the municipality of Colquechaca, which are mining areas, which are listed as the poorest in Bolivia, adding to the social exclusion of the indigenous population.
IPTK (Tomás Katari Polytechnic Institute)
General Objective: Contribute to realizing the human right to health and adequate food.
Specific Objective: To improve the conditions of Health and Nutritional Food Security from a sovereign perspective and promoting gender equity.
(270 women and 268 men).
Navarre Government, Ay. Irún and TAU
- Planning of activities at community and family level.
- Production of traditional, alternative crops and vegetables with appropriate technology.
- Training workshops in agricultural, horticultural and forestry production.
- Creole herd management.
- Construction of productive infrastructure.
- Livestock production training workshops (genetic improvement, animal health and nutrition).
- Construction of recovery and management works for the soil, plant, water and improved kitchens.
- Training workshops in management and conservation of natural resources.
Exchange of experiences and home visits.
- Training workshops for families in nutritional food education and nutritional practices.
- Teacher training workshops for the implementation of the PEAN in their respective educational establishments.
- Feeding practices in mothers’ centers.
- Hold nutritional fairs.
Technical and legal advice to social organizations based on internal strengthening.
- Events and training meetings.
- Leadership training courses.
- Carry out evaluation and monitoring of the project.
- Training and updating of personnel.